Justin Timberlake Dishes on NSync and Why He Started His Solo Career

Justin Timberlake is on the latest cover of The Hollywood Reporter. Here are some of JT’s best quotes about the iconic all-boy band.

In 2002, Justin decided to leave NSync and start a solo career. The now-36-year-old singer finally revealed his reasons behind that bold move. He said, “We were on a stadium tour, and I just felt like the whole thing was too big. It started as a fun snowball fight that was becoming an avalanche.”
Justin also admitted he was growing out of NSync and said, “I felt like I cared more about the music than some of the other people in the group. And I felt like I had other music I wanted to make and that I needed to follow my heart.”
Feeling nostalgic, he recalled the first time the band members were chased by girls.
He said, “I was about 15 or 16 years old. We’d just given a concert in Germany at a festival on this huge field. And we were in the tour bus afterward, driving on a dirt road, and I looked out the window and saw all these young, impressionable females running after the bus.”

Justin shrugged it off and said, “I think we can all agree that I did not have a normal childhood.”

No comments: